How to Get to the Departement of Computer Science
Arrival by car
- coming from the Autobahn A2 (from Berlin or Hannover), use exit 70 "Magdeburg Zentrum" and turn south onto the city bypass (E49/B189; two-lane highway in each direction), leave the bypass at exit "Albert-Vater-Straße" and turn left (east) onto the B1 and go straight to the big roundabout (Universitätsplatz).
- coming from the Autobahn A14 (from Halle/Leipzig), use exit 105 "Magdeburg Sudenburg, Zentrum" and turn right (north) onto the city bybass (B81/E49/B71; two-lane highway in each direction), leave the bypass at exit "Albert-Vater-Straße" (Helmstedt, Dessau, Burg, Zentrum, Olvenstedt) and turn right (east) onto the B1 (direction "Dessau, Burg, Zentrum2) and go straight to the big roundabout (Universitätsplatz).
- coming on the B1 going east, go the the big roundabout (Universitätsplatz).
At the big roundabout, take the east exit (follow B1) and go to the next traffic light (past the traffic light for pedestrians only). There, turn left into the Pfälzer Straße. Take the next possible turn on your right to get onto the parking lot in front of Building 29 (formerly Building Y), where the School of Computer Science is located.
If you are coming on the B1 going west (from Dessau or Burg), go over two bridges over the river Elbe and take a right turn onto Pfälzer Straße after the second traffic light after the second bridge. Immediately take a right turn onto the parking lot in front of Building 29
Arrival by Tramway
- using line No. 1 going to "Lerchenwuhne" or using line No. 5 going to "Messegelände": Cross the square in front of the main train station heading left, pass the street car stop on this square and turn right at the next street corner onto the Ernst-Reuter-Allee. The street car stop is located in the middle of the street right ahead of you.
- using line No. 8 going to "Neustädter See": the street car stop is located on the square in front of the main strain station.
Leave the street car at the stop "Universitätsplatz" (3 stops for lines 1 and 5 or 4 stops for line 8). Change lines into line No. 2 and leave the next stop "Pfälzer Straße". From there turn right, pass the old university library on your right and head straight towards building 29 where the School of Computer Science is located at.